Monday 21 January 2013

Digital technology turns media consumers into media producers. in yourown experience, how has you creativity developed through using digitaltechnnology to complete your coursework productions?

The development in digital technology has allowed consumers of these specific technologies to become producers of their own original pieces. In my experience of creating a school magazine front cover and contents page and a music magazine front cover, contents page and double page spread, draft digipak, digipak and a music video. My creativity had developed greatly with the use of various digital technologies used in new and different ways.


In my preliminary task I knew little about how to make my magazine look as professional and high quality as possible, I did not include any special effects in images and did not take into consideration things such as lighting, positioning, location and mise en scene of my images. When I decided to make my magazine I had to do a lot of research before I could even start, this was good because I didn’t want my magazine to be no good, I took all the conventions of my favourite magazines into account, this was because I know these methods work and are pleasing to the eye for an audience. NME was my main inspiration because it is a personal favourite and I am also included in my target audience. You would need to find the perfect model for your front cover and know how they needed to be dressed and also how they needed to be presented on the cover. so i feel that i styled my model very well to create the perfect magazine. However in my main task I learnt that these aspects of images were very important to the overall effect of the magazine. One way in which I improved my images was to mind map ideas about what aspects would look best and keep to the correct genre of my magazine. I used a digital camera in both tasks but improved the images in my music magazine by taking into consideration the most important aspects of images. Such as bright lighting, costume and I also used post-production on my image fixer on my laptop to create the very best look for all my images.

In the school magazine I chose to use just the PC, however in the music magazine I was able to use a pen drive to quickly swap between PC and laptop as there was a wider range of software on the laptop. On the laptop I was also able to easily change the colours and layout of the magazine so that I could test what looked best and fitted with the original indie genre. Another advantage of this is that I was able to email work across and get opinions on what needs improving.


A media convention that technology played a big part in its production was my digipak for my created artist. Using technology I was able to research existing digipaks and album covers that were of bands and artists that’s music was a similar genre. I was able find images of album covers using Google search engine and with seconds I had inspiration from existing album covers I could re-create. The main technology that was pivotal in the production of my Digipak was Photoshop. Using Photoshop I was able create the exact product I had planned and I could edit photos and fonts to get the exact theme I wanted. The idea of Photoshop is that creating and editing has become a lot simpler and can be done by almost anyone who owns it. This is a great example of how technology has ‘Turned Media consumers into Media producers.

The use of technology was vital throughout my whole coursework as all my research was found on Internet sites. I got information and images off the Internet and then uploaded them onto Blogger which was the site we used to track our planning and research for the coursework.

2 comments:

  1. EAA 6
    EGS 6
    T 3
    15/25
    WWWGood on on the use of digital tecnology
    EBI you commented more explicitly on creativity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie,
    you are 2 essays overdue for me. Complete all the work set for my side of the course or your free lessons will become supervised study periods with post-16 staff. Sunday 17th February is your deadline for you to get up to date. Thanks

    ReplyDelete